Elysian Fields

Musings, rants, critiques, social commentary, hilarity, conversations about the word poo, and other nonsensical anecdotes.

Friday, February 10, 2006

"For you are in Elysium..."

Welcome...to the Elysian Fields. I have so named this place in hopes of making a paradise for all who enjoy the many strata of media and wish to commune with those of like mind and spirit. In mythology, the Elysian Fields are a place where the heroic come to rest in peace and eternal bliss, a much owed reward for their valor and honor in the waking realm. This definition, however, has been washed away by the sweeping currents of the ocean we call time.

So has time eroded the landscape - so shall the waters of the sea replenish the land with a new interpretation. In the current era, these fields represent a multi-tiered utopia; this is not my Zion solely. I open the gates to all who wish to join and share in the ardor of song, literature, cinema, art, electronic entertainment, and whatever else stirs us to reaction. And this is a community of peace and harmony; while differences in taste and opinion are inevitable, never shall this become a dwelling corrupted by animosity. We are all entitled to our differences...and we are entitled to share those differences with respect and care for one another's perspective. I ask that we all tame our tongues so that our mutual passions may continue unrestrained.

I am, for those who know me not before this time, D. Kage. I answer to many names; here in the virtual universe, I known primarily as Kage. I have no issue with this abbreviation. I am honoured to have you be a part of this experience. This moment...this place...and this eventual journey...has been the culmination of a lot of dreams. Thank you in advance for helping me transcend from fantasy to fruition. Please - look around; find a location that suits your comfort. And let us begin. For as spoken by Maximus Decimus Meridius...

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home