Elysian Fields

Musings, rants, critiques, social commentary, hilarity, conversations about the word poo, and other nonsensical anecdotes.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Baby's got a new crib!

Let me be the first to welcome you to my newly acquired domain. Please...step in and make yourself comfortable. Might I interest you in a refreshing beverage? *walks over to the bar and pours himself an Amaretto on the rocks with a lime wedge...sipping it casually* I know that I feel a bit more refreshed...

I guess I can explain why we are all here. I realized that I enjoyed reading the musings of others; I naturally, and egotistically I will admit, assumed that others would enjoy reading my own observations, my unique perspective on the unfolding drama that we all participate in. My blogging virginity was lost on MySpace. I listened to my dear friend and colleague Shay tell me what she found annoying about most blogs - they were mundane. She felt no pressing desire to read about the routine tripe that most people wrote about in their blogs. You spent another day tracking figurines on eBay...not purchasing anything? *sigh* Having sampled from a seemingly infinite selection of blog possibilities on MySpace, I found the blogs that deterred Shay from reading. But I also found blogs that were refreshing, hilarious, introspective. I wanted to be a part of that community. Fast forward a few months and here we all are...taking in my new pad - enjoying the company of one another. So let this serve as my introduction to a housewarming. Have a seat...and let's share some time together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home